Kota Kamp at Ohio Dreams
February 17, 2014
Scooter Professional Dakota Schuetz and Ohio Dreams Action Sports Camp Announce the First Kota Kamp for Scooter Riders
Kota Kamp is Session 1 - Scooter
Columbus, OH. February 16, 2014—Dakota “Kota” Schuetz, the two-time ISA world champion, in partnership with Lucky Scooter Parts and Ohio Dreams Action Sports Camp, today announced the first of a series of week-long scooter training camps that will take place in 2014.
The first Kota Kamp will take place at Ohio Dreams during Session 1 (June 15-21, 2014), and will use the Ohio Dream Method, a proven action sports training methodology. Riders can get more information and register at /kotakamp
The goal of Kota Kamps is to help beginner scooter riders become competent park riders, and to help intermediate and expert riders learn advanced skills to become pro-caliber riders. All camp riders will personally learn from and ride with Kota daily to further develop their skills.
The agenda of each Kota Kamp consists primarily of hands-on instruction and riding with Kota, and also includes instruction on scooter fundamentals, such as:
- The basics of equipment, technique, and tricks
- Park riding skills and competition basics
- How to promote your skills, land a sponsor, and develop a social media following
- Filming, photography, and making quality edits that you can use to improve your riding
- Fitness, flexibility, nutrition, and recovery
- Safety and park etiquette
All Kota Kamp riders will also receive the following:
- Personalized training system, including one full year of training support, and direct access to Kota and his staff for help with training
- Behind the scenes access to the Kota Kamps training website
- One full year of Kota support, help and promotion of each rider’s social media network
- Welcome package from Kota's sponsors and "Kota Kamps" sponsors that includes Kota Kamp t-shirt, stickers, and other branded goods.
“Kota is the consummate professional, trainer, and advocate for younger riders. We’re excited to host the first ever Kota Kamp at Ohio Dreams, and we’re proud to partner with Kota to implement the Ohio Dreams Method in all upcoming Kota Kamps.” - Chris Ashcraft, Ohio Dreams, CEO
“Dakota Schuetz constantly pushes the boundaries of what can be done on a scooter. Kota Kamps is exciting because the next generation of riders are the future of the sport, and many of them will now be getting a helping hand from the scooter world champion,” said Phil Grice, President of the International Scooter Association (ISA).
Lucky is an action sports company and the most popular pro scooter brand in the world. As one of the early innovators in the pro scooter market, Lucky has more Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube followers than any other scooter brand in the industry. As a charter member of the International Scooter Association, Lucky is focused and passionate about promoting the sport, progressing riders, and paving the way for our athletes to compete in action sports competitions, like the X-Games. Lucky sponsors riders of varying ages and skill levels. These athletes play an integral part of the R&D process testing the performance and durability of Lucky scooters and parts on the street and park. For more information, visit www.luckyscoot.com.« Back to News