Sports and Music Fest Info
August 15, 2016
All Information regarding the Sports and Music Festival
AGE LIMIT: 21 OVER ONLY
- You must show a valid government issued ID to enter. No Exceptions.
TICKET PRICE INFO:
- All tickets are print-at-home tickets. If you are unable to find your email with your ticket in it please email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your ticket reissued
- No Refunds - Tickets are Transferable, just email the tickets to your friends, the name does not matter, but each barcode will only scan once. Any person holding a duplicate ticket will not be allowed in.
- Event is rain or shine
- The festival is rain or shine.
- The Slip N Fly does not close due to rain.
- If there is thunder or lightning the Slide / Pool area will close for 30 minutes from the last sound/sighting.
- The stage is covered and bands will play unless there is very heavy rain.
- All patrons must follow the map exactly in-order to gain admittance to the festival.
- There is no overnight parking on the roads around the camp.
- If you come from the wrong direction, you will be asked to turn around and go to the end of the car line.
- The car line up and entrance will be in a field adjacent to the parking lot.
- Cars may start lining up as early as 1:00pm
- If the car line up overflows onto the road, please be respectful of our neighbors.
- Do not block their driveways
- Allow traffic to pass you
- Do not litter, keep your trash in your car
- Do not go to the bathroom on the side of the road
- Patrons must enter the car line up by following:
- 95 East out of the Village of Butler.
- Take 95 East to Bunkerhill rd
- Turn right on Bunkerhill Rd
- Turn right on Tugend Rd
- Turn right into Ohio Dreams Drive
Route 71 to Ohio Dreams
Click to enlarge map
Car Line Up Map
Click to enlarge map
PARKING / ARRIVAL INFORMATION
- Gate times:
- Friday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- There is no early admission for any reason
- Before reaching the main parking gate, patrons will need to show tickets, sign waivers and may be subject to a search. Remember No Glass containers, Firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted.
- All Camping must be in marked area. No tents are permitted outside of camping area.
- Camping is very primitive, there is no water or electricity
- No more than 3 tents per camp site.
- Camping in marked sites only, no camping in the woods
- Fires must be in fire rings, you may bring your own or purchase one from the Ohio Dreams vendor. Cost: $40
- No vehicles are allowed in the camping area. It is roughly a 600' walk from parking to camping (as seen on the map)
- Showers will be available: $5/5min
- RV / Camp Trailer Parking is a separate area. No Tents of any kind are allowed in the RV area.
Click to enlarge map
V.I.P CAMPING INFORMATION
Party all day. Sleep in style.
The Campfire Experience is proud to partner with Ohio Dreams to bring you the VIP Village at SAM Fest! With your VIP Village you can get right to enjoying the festival while we take care of your luxe outdoor accommodations.Your two or four person tent will be set up and awaiting you before you even arrive outfitted with comfortable beds, luxurious bedding, lamps, and side tables. At the end of all the good times, you'll have nothing to worry about except how to describe your weekend to friends that didn't come! Luckily, there are smart phones for that.
Tickets sell out every year and every year the festival gets better so get your tickets and reserve your spot today!
The VIP village is the closest camping to the Slip N Fly and minutes away from the main stage. It's your pop-up luxury hotel placed perfectly so you don't miss a thing. The village includes:
- Set-up and tear-down of your Sibley tent prior to your arrival. Each tent is made of water resistant breathable canvas and is over 200 sq ft and approximately 10 feet tall.
- Bedroom options with Tuft & Needle queen mattresses, additional cots, pillows, soft sheets, and cozy duvets.
- Bedside tables on either side to rest your snacks or smartphone.
- Shepherd's hooks with LED Lanterns, baskets, rugs, bunting, and other useful decorative touches to make your tent feel like home.
- Outdoor lounge area for our guests.
- Special treats and surprises for every guest.
SLIP N FLY INFORMATION
The Slip N Fly is Dangerous - Use of The Slip N Fly is at your own risk.
The top of The Slip N Fly is 14 feet off the surface of the water. Depending on the person you can reach heights of 14 to almost 30 feet over the surface of the water. Landing in water from this height can be painful and cause bruising and other injuries.
If you do not feel comfortable with accepting this risk do not use The Slip N Fly
Slip N Fly Instructions
Hours of Operation
- Friday: 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am to 9:00pm
- Sunday: 9:00am to 2:00pm
Participants my enter/exit the slide/ramp in the body position of their choice, however the following method is recommended when starting out.
- Start at the top by diving head first down the slide, keeping your arms underneath you as to prevent your head from making contact with the slide.
- By going down the slide head first you will come off the ramp in a head up, almost standing position.
- When you come off the end of the slide look at tops of the trees on the furthest hillside you can see where they appear to touch the clouds. This will help to orient you in a vertical position allowing your feet to enter the water first.
- No diving into the pool is allowed at anytime. All efforts must be made to enter feet first.
If you do not feel you are able to follow these instructions, have doubts or worries, we encourage you to not use The Slip N Fly.
If you are pregnant or have heart or health situations that may limit your ability; to have a general awareness, your ability to swim or hold your breath underwater, support yourself on the slide or ramp, or cause increased chance of injury or further injury it is up to you to choose not to use The Slip N Fly.
VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT INFO
Rock and Rally Beach Volleyball Tournament
- Saturday, August 20
- Registration and Check In: 11am
- 6-person teams, must include 1 female player
- Cost: $60 per team
- Only 16 teams accepted
- Single loss elimination, one game rally score to 25.
- Cash Prizes: 1st - $400, 2nd - $200, 3rd - $100 (based on a 16-team field)
- Enter your team today at: email@example.com
- All Teammates must have SAM Fest Tickets.
- If you have teammates that do not have tickets for the festival they may be purchased through a direct link received from firstname.lastname@example.org you must submit a team and request the direct link. It is your responsibility to make sure your teammates receive the link and purchase event tickets or they will not be allowed into the event.
OHIO DREAMS SPORTS FACILITIES USE
The Outdoor Skatepark, BMX Track, and Dirt Jumping Trails are open during daylight hours.
Indoor skate park will only be open until 10:00pm each night.
No person is may use any facility for other than it's recommended use with action sports equipment. (Skateboard, bike, rollerblades, scooters, etc)
No motorized vehicles / equipment is allowed.
Anybody caught in the foam pit in the indoor park that did not enter it using action sports equipment WILL be removed from the festival.
BAND LINE UP
AMENITIES AND VENDORS AT OHIO DREAMS
- Festival attendees are able to bring in coolers with their own food and drinks.
- Bring Your Own Beer is allowed.
- No Glass Bottles
- There are various vendors serving hot food and non-alcoholic beverages as well.
OHIO DREAMS GENERAL STORE
- Festival T-Shirts: $20
- Ice: $5/bag
- Firewood: $5 bundle OR $1/log, $.50/starter wood.
- Fire rings: $40
- Showers: $5/five minutes
- Friday: 8:00pm - 10:00pm
- Saturday: 8:00am - 10:00am, 8:00pm - 10:00pm
AMENITIES AROUND OHIO DREAMS
The Quality Inn and Comfort Inn at Highway 71 and State Route 97 in Bellville are our preferred Hotels. These hotels are locally owned, operated and are very clean. All Ohio Dreams guests receive a 10% discount when booking at either of these hotels. These hotels are about 10 miles from Ohio Dreams.
Phone Reservations - You must ask for the Ohio Dreams Discount
Village of Butler:
The Village of Butler is less than 3 miles away once the car line has dissipated and the direct route can be driven.
- Dollar General: Supply store for groceries, blankets, first aid, sunblock, etc.
- Five Points: Ice Cream/Burger Joint
- Ducky's: Bar and Grill
- The Whiffletree: Sit down restaurant known for breakfast and homemade pies.
- The Dutchess: Gas station with all of the essentials.
This event is meant to be a good, positive time. The best way to ensure this happens is to respect each other and our facility. Violence and/or vandalism with result in an immediate ejection from the property.
Please be patient in the car line
We will be checking people in at the gate as fast as we can and directing them to the appropriate parking areas. If you are able to, please CAR POOL to save space, time and congestion. Overnight parking along public roads is not permitted. Please follow the signs located along the highways as you near the site.
Weapons are not allowed on our property. Once you enter our property we will be randomly searching vehicles before they are checked in. If you refuse to allow us to search your vehicle, you will not be admitted.
Parking - Be prepared to hike
Parking will be a separate area from camping. Vehicles will not be allowed to drop anything off at the camping area, nor allowed to drive anywhere in or on the facility other than the parking lot.
Wrist bands will be given out to all entrants at the gate. These wrist bands must be worn at all times, if you are found without a wristband you will be asked to leave the facility by our security.
No Aerial Drones are allowed to be used without our express written permission and business liability insurance.
Pets/animals are not allowed. If you are found with a pet, you will be asked to leave the facility.
Food / Vendors
You are allowed to bring your own food, we will have food vendors on site and Ohio Dreams will be selling water and Gatorades near the medic tent.
Campfires will be allowed, please exercise proper caution. You may bring your own firewood, but we will be selling wood as well at our concession stand. Fire rings are required, you may bring your own or purchase one from us for $40
We will have separate parking for RV’s/Campers, it will be in the parking lot area and not near the tent campers, tents will not be permitted around RV’s/Campers as we may have to park tight due to space restraints.
There will be no Alcohol sold or provided by Ohio Dreams at any time. Attendees are allowed to bring their own Alcohol.
Anyone wishing to leave the concert area may do so at anytime. Please remember that we are located on a narrow back road and there will be high amounts of congestion until everyone is checked in. We recommend stopping at our local gas station or dollar store to pick up any last minute supplies before you arrive. State law prohibits anyone from leaving the concert area with any opened container. Please discard them in the trash before entering or leaving the venue.
For Safety's Sake
Our annual rules for everyone’s safety and enjoyment:
Absolutely NO glass containers, metal flagpoles, firearms, fireworks, motorized all-terrain vehicles, motorized carts or dollies are permitted. Vehicles will not be allowed out of the parking area.
Fire lanes must remain free and clear of all objects, obstructions and vehicles.
Unauthorized vehicles in these lanes will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Ohio Dreams supports the Designated Driver concept! We urge you to decide in advance who will be your group’s designated driver. PLEASE: DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
The weather is usually sunny, with temperatures in the high 80’s. We advise you to use lots of sunscreen and drink plenty of water! Be prepared for sudden summer rains. The show will go on if at all possible! If the conditions deteriorate to the point that the public’s safety is at risk, the show may be delayed or canceled for that day. Please listen to the directions given by announcers and security during such times.
Security personnel are on duty around the clock throughout the grounds for the entire event. Your cooperation with them is greatly appreciated! Please report any incident to an Event Staff employee.
The Medical Station is located under a white tent on the festival side of the main building and is staffed and equipped to handle minor injuries, accidents and other emergencies. Over the counter medicines will not be provided at the Medical Facility.
We respect the law at Ohio Dreams. All local, state and federal laws are to be obeyed.
Use of any illegal drugs, drunken and/or obnoxious behavior and activities will not be tolerated.
All persons attending the Ohio Dreams Music Fest do so at their own risk. No liability is assumed by owners, managers, promoters, sponsors or others.
Please do not trespass, litter or block our friendly neighbor’s driveways.
Anyone found to be in violation of any law or regulation may be subject to prosecution and will be evicted from the event without refund of your ticket.
For health and safety reasons, please contain all trash in plastic bags and receptacles.
Can I use my generator?
Please be considerate of your fellow campers. Generators may be run between 7am and midnight and must be attended while operating. Unattended running generators will be shut down.